- I BELIEVE the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability, and responsibility must be honored. The spread of identity politics can tear us apart us as a nation, and a state. We are all Kansans, and we all deserve to be treated with respect and civility.
- I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age, or disability. This is the bedrock principal our country and our state. We were all born with the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
- I BELIEVE we have a moral obligation to respect and protect all life, including the unborn.
- I BELIEVE in the Second Amendment and that a person is born with the right to keep and bear arms. I want to be perfectly clear on this point, the government does not give us the right to keep and bear arms. We were born with this right. The government is charged with protecting this right, and no one has the right to take it away.
- I BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth, and prosperity. We cannot let this irrational notion of socialism creep into Kansas. Capitalism is the engine that drives this country, and while it may not be perfect, it has made this country an economic powerhouse throughout the world.
- I BELIEVE the Government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of the money they earn. This government only survives by the consent of the governed. We have a moral obligation, and duty, to spend Kansans hard earned money in a fiscally responsible way.
- I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by the individuals or private organizations; the best government is that which governs least.
- I BELIEVE in the founding principles of our Constitutional Republic. The people in our state should decide what is best for Kansas, not the federal government. For too long now the ever-expanding federal government has become far too intrusive in the affairs of the individual states. Our founding fathers believed the power of the people was at the state level. Kansans should determine critical issues within our borders, not the federal government.
- I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times. Innovation provides a path to our future, but we cannot sacrifice our way of life to outlandish plans like the Green New Deal. The free market will provide the way, and when innovation is available, it will be the free market that brings the change, not unrealistic laws that cripple our prosperity.
- I BELIEVE Americans’ values should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom, and human rights throughout the world.
- I BELIEVE the Republican Party is the best vehicle for translating these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.
- I BELIEVE I am the best candidate to uphold these principles of government.
It is my intent to bring the same hard work, common sense, and openness that made me successful as the Fire Marshal for the City of Topeka to the 57th district of the Kansas House of Representatives. I have spent a lifetime protecting the lives and property of the citizens of Topeka, and now I want to do the same for the people of the 57th District and the citizens of Kansas. If you disagree with any of my beliefs.
I encourage you to reach out to me. Let’s talk about it.